Well it was my pleasure to spend some more time with Nigel and Stephen from The Adelaide Show podcast to prepare what one listener endorsed as “a croc (sic) of shit!”.
The croc(sic) is available in full from the website of The Adelaide Show. Here is the blurb for the show:
Ben Heard is an environmental professional. He has worked on a number of major environmental initiatives in South Australia for government, private and not-for-profit clients, through a business called ThinkClimate Consulting. He was once a strong opponent of nuclear power until he underwent a Road To Evidence-Based Damascus experience about five years ago and since then has been a strong proponent. Last year, Ben joined us in episode 106 to talk about nuclear power but tonight we have him on the topic of the royal commission into the nuclear fuel cycle and our first taste of having a citizens jury review the findings.
- Why a citizens’ jury is needed after spending money on a royal commission
- How South Australia is positioning with mining for the nuclear fuel cycle
- The reasons for not enriching ore
- Our almost-missed opportunities for nuclear power generation
- Our safe and lucrative options for nuclear waste storage (and energy extraction)
- Where the royal commission stopped too short on science and technology
- The myths and truths of background radiation
Also appearing with our Nuclear Fuel Cycle citizen’s jury
In the musical pilgrimage, we have a band with a lead singer from Kimba
The SA Drink Of The Week is from winemaker Simon Parker of Vinify
In IS IT NEWS, Nigel tests Steve and the boys on atomic stories, including the revelation that Yankalilli has a rich radioactive mineral source just upstream!
We announce a new way to be part of our podcast; join our Inner Circle. It’s an email list. Join it and you might get an email on a Sunday or Monday seeking question ideas, guest ideas and requests for other bits of feedback about YOUR podcast, The Adelaide Show.